Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Eye, the nun, and the Oooh La La

Today was the long anticipated day of touring the city through the London Eye.  I have been so excited for this because I have seen it on TV and movies for years and heard so many remarkable things about the breathtaking views it allots.  It was worth the wait . . .





We purchased tickets that were both a day and night pass so that we could take a turn on it anytime in the morning hours and then return later in the evening and see the city again at night.  Unfortunately, it does not get dark here until almost 10 o' clock and The Eye closes at nine.  However, we still managed to see the city in its golden speckled splendor as the sun began to set.


In between this time (11 am to 8:30 pm), we covered about a good seven miles or so by walking to do some shopping first in Soho and then up and down Regents Street and Oxford Street, which are like the 5th Avenue and Times Square of New York.  










Needless to say, we had yet another jam-packed day and I loved every minute of it.  We almost have the Tube memorized and feel much more comfortable in our skin around here.  The culture is such an inspiring one that in many ways it makes you wish that you could live life as the Brits do.
     When I visit other places, I tend to budget for sorts of things that will bring me long term enjoyment like books of photography on the history or culture of the place, etc.  While I did manage to already abscond with a London print Audrey Hepburn book (wink, wink, to my parents), my major pound purchase so far were these bad boys. . .
I am beyond in love with them and the store which I purchased them from had shoes so whimsical that they were borderline ridiculous.  But they were London fashion and I would have regretted not getting them, so to my feet: I'm sorry; to my wallet: One day you will recover; to the world: Sorry I am not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment