Friday, July 12, 2013

London is calling :)

It may have been 1:30 in the morning when our heavily maintenanced plane decided to groggily taxi itself into the air . . .
They may have attempted to feed us dinner at 2:30 in the morning despite the fact that breakfast was a startling 4 hours away (in London time, of course). . .
And even though I most certainly was unable to feel most of my body due to the rigidity of the hardback situation, there were most certainly several silver linings . . .
     I got to watch Beasts of the Southern Wild in the pitch black while the passengers tried to determine whether it was actually time to sleep or not.  This by far is one of my all-time favorite movies.  Unless you agree with me, your argument is invalid.  Why I chose an emotionally challenging film such as this when I was already deprived of normal emotional and mental stability, I do not know.
     Upon arrival in Heathrow, the entire London flight crew proceeded to surround the opening of the aircraft as we threw one disheveled foot in front of the other while they gawked with excitement that we "By George, were from Tennessee!" Which was weird, ya know, because we had just arrived in London and all.
     From there, it was a painstaking mixture of when the heck will the sign for baggage claim ACTUALLY lead us to baggage claim.  What it actually did was lead us to the border control, double check your story matches up, but hey we are still British, people.  The guy who "interviewed" me however, informed me that he found it rather groggy that yet another person was in love with Downton Abbey.  My response? "We are Americans, what do you expect?"
     And while I am quite sure that I am forgetting several little details that I have no doubt you are anxiously awaiting, I am past the point of exhaustion to care.  So until tomorrow, my friends . . .whenever that may be.
   
   

1 comment:

  1. Sooner than you think, you will be in the thick of it. I don't think the United Kingdom realizes what they are in for with you, go get'em girl. Love ya baby girl!

    ReplyDelete