Monday, July 15, 2013

Platform 9 3/4

I know I still owe some stories and trust me, I will get there.  However, for the immediate meantime, I can tell you that I have officially had the honor (or honour, I suppose) of attending church at the absolutely breathtaking St. Paul's Cathedral where the royal weddings take place.  I wasn't allowed to take any pictures of the inside since church service was being held but I sat in the middle right underneath the famous arched dome.  It was a special Song Eucharist and therefore the choir was exceptional.  In addition, for many who may not know (or care, but should), the eccentric British poet, John Donne, who wrote the infamous poem, "The Flea," is buried in the cathedral crypt.  What was even a bigger blessing for me as a English major was that the special guest priest who delivered the sermon that morning is a world renowned John Donne scholar . . . !!!!!!!!! . . .  Excuse me while my nerd heart skips a beat.  I about passed out from excitement when I found out.  Little things make my heart and mind happy :)
     The other great adventure from today was getting to go to Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross.  That's right everyone, I am officially the coolest Slytherin you know! (whoops, did I say that out loud?? haha) Anyway, it's days like these that make me still feel 100% blessed to be here and realize the dreams that I have had ever since I was a child.  Tomorrow, I will be heading to Penshurst which is a 4 mile hike from the train station! Could not be more excited, so here's to the wonder that comes with the morrow!















1 comment:

  1. Your blog post has brought me to tears...you are a thousand times cooler than me.--Jamil

    ReplyDelete